The successful candidate should be able to ensure smooth the everyday running of client applications/products. He or She must also ensure SLAs are met and that quality targets are reached in accordance with agreed client contract.
To develop quality software to stipulated time and date whilst ensuring proper commenting in the source codes to guarantee transferability. Ability to develop software as specified by the analysis team with strict adherence to source code versioning and coding standards/conventions.
- Researching, designing and writing new software programs
- Unit testing new programs and fault finding
- Developing existing programs by analyzing and identifying areas for modification
- 'Bolting together' existing software products and getting incompatible platforms to work together
- Investigating new technologies
- Assisting technical authors with writing operational documentation
- Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects
- Working closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic artists, systems analysts, and sales and marketing
- Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications
- Problem-solving and thinking laterally as part of a team, or individually, to meet the needs of the project.
- Unit tested and quality software Programs
- Clearly commented and versioned source codes
- In terms of remote support, the candidate must have the capacity to visualize and solve users’ problems
- Providing 1st, 2nd & 3rd Line support to computer users' problems, supplying training and feedback to those users to lessen the occurrence of future problems.
- Design and subsequent development of application components from both a front-end and back-end perspective.
- Troubleshooting difficult or unusual situations, and suggesting workflow improvements to management.
- Ability to defuse excited and sometimes irate users or customers is also a valuable trait.
- Writing documentation for the portions of applications you are responsible for.
- Identifying potential areas of risk and suggesting mitigating actions.
- Assisting in the planning and estimation of the development team’s work.
- Must have helpdesk support experience as will move on to more advanced technical roles, such as system or network administrator, application developer, or database administrator.
Qualification, Experience & Skill Requirements
- BSc. in Computer Science and related disciplines
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience on similar role
- Good knowledge of PHP, Unix Shell Scripting.
- Good knowledge of Query Languages e.g. SQL and PL/S
- Good knowledge of Web Services.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA).
- Experience in use of various Open Source frameworks and applications.
- Basic knowledge in use of Linux Servers.
- Ability to learn new skills fast.
- Experience in Web Application Development is required: PHP / MySQL / ORACLE.
- Good interpersonal relations skills.
- Good knowledge of Code repository.
- An ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Proven skill in developing and managing maintainable code-bases
- Knowledge and experience of cross-browser issues
- Experience of working in an environment where products have to be delivered to specific time-scales
- Self-motivated with good organisational skills in order to work to challenging deadlines
- Experience of supporting, modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by others
- Right attitude
- Good team spirit
- Bold, articulate and confident
- Excellent analytical, writing and oral skills
- Good use of presentation tools
- Good interpersonal relation
- University degree in computer/Information Technology or related field.
- Must have at least 4yrs relevant working experience and is able to work without supervision.
Interested person(s) should send CVs to email@example.com