Duties and Responsibilities
- The driver ensures safety of the vehicle, goods and the occupants.
- Every day before start he needs to check the brakes, controls and fuel intake of the vehicle and report if any malfunctions are there.
- He also needs to carry out minor maintenance and repair of his vehicle.
- Must be well informed about the insurance, vehicle license, MOT as well as drivers license and report to the Head driver at least 1 month before expiration of the need for renewal of such documents.
- Must report to work on time to ensure that Executives, Managers and other officers are not late to scheduled meetings.
- Maintain high level of grooming, cleanliness of self as well as vehicle
- Must be properly dressed according to Tavia Drivers’ Dress Code Policy.
Skills and Specifications
- A transport driver should be a strong, robust and physically fit person.
- He must be an adept driver, efficient in cruising through all traffic and weather.
- He must be sincere, honest and transparent in his conduct.
- He should take proper care of the goods while transporting and avoid any damage, loss or scratch.
Education and Qualification
A transport driver is usually required to be a high school pass out. For light vehicles like vans and cars a manual driving license and for heavy vehicles like truck, a commercial driving license is required.
In any case he needs to have clean driving records. Training and prior experience requirement vary from employer to employer. He may have to undergo check against police records, drug and alcohol abuse.